Uganda Mission Team - February 2023
Life For Uganda is RLC’s Uganda mission and exists to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to minister to underserved communities in Uganda. The heart of the mission is the God-centered relationship between the faithful believers of both RLC and the congregations of the Lutheran Church of Uganda (LCU). Life For Uganda works to provide clean water sources, build and equip schools, and create opportunities to thrive.
2023 Mission Team members are Pastor Jonathan and Juli Blanke, Ron Bostick, Jeff and Cheryl Fike, as well as Bruce Brodhagen and Debra Werner from St. James Lutheran Church in Shawano, Wisconsin. Team travel dates are February 2-13; they will spend most of the time in the Amudat region in northeast Uganda.
Pastor Jonathan will lead a week-long course at the seminary and the team will also reconnect with village communities in the Amudat districts, celebrate the dedication of the new church building in Amudat Town (construction was supported by RLC!), and attend Magamaga Seminary graduation.
- For the safety and well-being of individuals and congregations of the LCU, and for all the people of Uganda
- That the Christian message of hope and salvation will continue to spread throughout Uganda
- For the eradication of the Ebola virus in Uganda
- For energy and wisdom for Pastor Jonathan as he leads instruction at Magamaga Seminary in Jinja, Uganda
- For the safe travel, health, and well-being of this team, and for all short and long-term missionaries
- For energy, wisdom, and discernment for the Life For Uganda Board of Directors
- That Life For Uganda can broaden its committed volunteers and supporters and find resources with the expertise and skills needed to expand our message to a wider audience
RLC in Uganda!
Resurrection teams have traveled throughout Uganda since 2010. RLC has and is partnering with the Lutheran Church Uganda (LCU) to understand the needs of the different communities. This partnership has allowed RLC to support the creation of new school buildings and boreholes in Lukonda, a district of Uganda. It has been a joy to work with and to celebrate with the Lukonda hardworking faith-filled village communities!
Recently LCU has asked Resurrection to focus on a different district, Amudat. Amudat (prairie like environment) is very different from Lukonda (lush farmland). In Amudat, there is evident distress and the needs in this region are significant. School children are gathering in semi-permanent structures which they have outgrown and have no clean water sources nearby. The LCU/RLC partnership is continuing to focus on permanent school buildings and clean water in Amudat.
Teams have also stopped over in the city of Jinja to say hello to everyone at the new Uganda Lutheran seminary. RLC has also helped finance some of the projects at the seminary.
Pray for His message to be heard far and wide!
For more information, please contact .
Follow on Instagram! @LifeForUganda
Click HERE to read the stories from the Diary of a Muzungu.